Auditec is pleased to announce the following new products for 2018.
Order from our alphabetical online catalog at www.auditec.com. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800)669-9065 (US only). Outside the US? Email email@example.com for an exact quote that includes shipping and handling charges or call (314)416-1050.
The MAPA-2 is a comprehensive assessment of auditory processing and listening skills. It may be used as a screener to be followed by other behavioral or physiological tests or it may be used for a preliminary diagnosis in the auditory area. The test is administered via CD and can be used in a clinical setting or a sound booth. Administration time is 30-40 minutes.
The MAPA-2 includes eight different subtests in the three domains (monaural, temporal, and binaural) that ASHA and AAA recommend for auditory processing assessment along with the Scale of Auditory Behaviors, a 12-item parent or teacher completed questionnaire of listening behaviors.
Monaural: Evaluate an individual’s ability to use low redundancy information.
- Monaural-Selective Attention Test (MSAAT): Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize monosyllabic words with and without competing background noise of high-interest speech
- Speech in Noise for Children (SINCA): Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize monosyllabic word pairs presented with competing pink noise at progressively decreasing signal-to-noise ratios
Temporal: Evaluate an individual’s ability to use acoustic information over time.
- Tap Test: Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize and label an auditory pattern
- Pitch Pattern Test: Assesses an individual’s ability to use cues including rate and pattern and to label what is heard
Binaural: Evaluate an individual’s ability to use unique information presented simultaneously to each ear.
- Dichotic Digits: Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize digit sequences when digit pairs are presented simultaneously to each ear
- Competing Sentences: Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize more complex language sequences presented simultaneously to each ear
Supplemental Subtests: Additional tests that can be used to assess an individual’s skill in the temporal area.
- Duration Pattern Test: Assesses an individual’s ability to use cues including rate and pattern and to label what is heard
- Gap Detection Test: Assesses an individual’s temporal resolution abilities using intervals of varying length between stimuli
The MAPA 2 includes a) audio recording, b) manual, c) behavior forms, and d) score forms. The extensive manual includes normative data for ages 7-14. Available from Auditec, Inc. Call 1-800-669-9065 (from US) or 314-416-1050 (outside the US) to order. FREE shipping within the contiguous US.
MAPA 2 Kit; Item CD179-9; Price $215.00 US + S&H*
*INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Online ordering does not include shipping and handling charges. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your test selections along with your state or country for an exact quote. If you use online ordering, you will be invoiced later for the shipping charges.