Whether you are in a hospital, school, or private practice setting, NOW is the time to start APD testing. You have time to review the materials and be ready for your clients when people get back to their daily lives. A popular question around here is “What APD battery should I buy?” If you are just starting out, I would recommend one of the following:
The APD Battery (Item CD170-9) is ideal for communities that have non-English speakers or areas with multiple cultural accents because all of the tests are nonverbal. It includes the Gaps In Noise (GIN), Random Gap Detection Test (RGDT), Pitch Pattern Sequence-Musiek Version, Duration Pattern Sequence-Musiek Version, and Masking Level Difference-Tones. Each test has its own instructions with normative data for various ages. The APD Battery costs $329.75 US funds plus shipping (free shipping in the US).
The MAPA-2 Battery (Item CD179-9) is another popular choice. This battery includes a mix of verbal and nonverbal recordings. It is comprised of monaural, temporal, and binaural testing. A testing manual is provided with interpretation for ages 7-14. The MAPA-2 Battery costs $215.00 US funds plus shipping (free shipping in the US).
The SCAN-3 Battery is also widely used in the audiology community. It can be used as a screening test or diagnostic tool. This battery also consists of both verbal and nonverbal recordings. The SCAN-3 Child Version (Item CD121-9) includes a manual and normative data for ages 5-12. It costs $350.60 US funds. The SCAN-3 Adult & Adolescent Version (Item CD122-9) includes a manual and interpretation for ages 13-60. This version also costs $350.60 US funds plus shipping (free shipping in the US).
Many factors can affect your choice of APD Batteries such as language, age group, and budget. Whether you choose the APD Battery, MAPA-2, SCAN-3, or decide to build a custom APD Battery from the large variety in our catalog, Auditec is here to supply your needs with fast friendly service.
Auditec is pleased to announce the following new products for 2018.
Order from our alphabetical online catalog at www.auditec.com. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800)669-9065 (US only). Outside the US? Email email@example.com for an exact quote that includes shipping and handling charges or call (314)416-1050.
The MAPA-2© is a comprehensive assessment of auditory processing and listening skills. It may be used as a screener to be followed by other behavioral or physiological tests or it may be used for a preliminary diagnosis in the auditory area. The test is administered via CD and can be used in a clinical setting or a sound booth. Administration time is 30-40 minutes.
The MAPA-2 includes eight different subtests in the three domains (monaural, temporal, and binaural) that ASHA and AAA recommend for auditory processing assessment along with the Scale of Auditory Behaviors, a 12-item parent or teacher completed questionnaire of listening behaviors.
Monaural: Evaluate an individual’s ability to use low redundancy information.
- Monaural-Selective Attention Test (MSAAT): Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize monosyllabic words with and without competing background noise of high-interest speech
- Speech in Noise for Children (SINCA): Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize monosyllabic word pairs presented with competing pink noise at progressively decreasing signal-to-noise ratios
Temporal: Evaluate an individual’s ability to use acoustic information over time.
- Tap Test: Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize and label an auditory pattern
- Pitch Pattern Test: Assesses an individual’s ability to use cues including rate and pattern and to label what is heard
Binaural: Evaluate an individual’s ability to use unique information presented simultaneously to each ear.
- Dichotic Digits: Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize digit sequences when digit pairs are presented simultaneously to each ear
- Competing Sentences: Assesses an individual’s ability to recognize more complex language sequences presented simultaneously to each ear
Supplemental Subtests: Additional tests that can be used to assess an individual’s skill in the temporal area.
- Duration Pattern Test: Assesses an individual’s ability to use cues including rate and pattern and to label what is heard
- Gap Detection Test: Assesses an individual’s temporal resolution abilities using intervals of varying length between stimuli
The MAPA 2© includes a) audio recording, b) manual, c) behavior forms (quantity: 25) , and d) score forms (quantity: 25). The extensive manual includes normative data for ages 7-14.
Use the “Buy Now” button below or call 1-800-669-9065 (from US) or 314-416-1050 (outside the US) to order. FREE shipping within the contiguous US. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Importers are responsible for duties and taxes. Auditec advises your organization to contact your government to estimate tax prior to ordering.
MAPA 2© (CD Format); Item CD179-9; Price $235.00 US + S&H*
This recording is only available in CD format from Auditec, Inc.
©Copyright 2018 Academic Therapy Publications. All Rights Reserved. Distributed with Permission.